Who We Are:
We believe a workplace food program is something employees should love and look forward to every day. Powered by technology and a network of over 2,000+ restaurants, Fooda feeds hungry people at work through our ongoing food programs located within companies and office buildings. Every day, each Fooda location is served by a different restaurant that comes onsite and serves fresh lunch from their chef’s unique menu. Now with over 30 million meals sold, Fooda operates in 24 major US cities and plans for continued expansion.
Who We Are Looking For:
The Director of Cafeteria Operations is responsible for the growth and profitability of the Chicago market’s cafeteria operations. This position will ensure that our cafeteria business is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and coaching its people.
The areas of responsibility for this role is wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes to ensure alignment. This position requires an individual to be extremely organized, have a keen attention to detail and the versatility to work with different aspects of a business including partnering with sales on retention strategies for each client.
This position reports to the VP of Sales that oversees the Chicago market and partners with the Chicago Director of Sales. As the ideal candidate:
You manage a team that successfully:
- Identifies and targets areas in which a location can improve its operations
- Identifies and targets areas in which a location can increase sales and/or participation from the location’s audience
- Monitors trends related to revenue margins and operating expense i.e. profitability
- Develops and implements guidelines for employee evaluations, recruitment and promotion
- Oversees and finds ways to improve employee productivity
- Has a hospitality mindset i.e. always looking to improve the consumer experience and provide best in class experiences and customer service.
- Ensures the company follows local health department and licensing regulations
You personally lead efforts to:
- Partner with other relevant leaders at Fooda to execute strategic initiatives that improve the sales, profitability and retention of your clients.
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/restaurants
- Lead Quarterly business reviews with Clients and key Restaurant Partners
- Demonstrate excellence in implementing rigorous and disciplined measures / metrics that benchmark performance and create accountability
- Act as a forward-thinking analyst of the business, broader market, and the competitive landscape
What You Already Have:
- 7+ years in Operations and or Account Management.
- 2+ years in a position leading other managers.
- Expertise in reading, interpreting and creating actionable next steps from a P&L.
- Experience negotiating agreements with partners, suppliers and clients.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset; continue to execute day to day existing operations while also implementing new processes that drive operational excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while executing and driving results
- Metrics driven and highly motivated by overarching business goals
- Chicago based role
What We Will Hook You Up With:
- Competitive market salary and stock options, based on experience
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Paid maternity and parental leave benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Company issued laptop
- Daily subsidized lunch program (ours!) and free food and beverages in the office
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience