Who We Are
We believe a workplace food program is something employees should love and look forward to every day. Powered by technology and a network of over 1,000 restaurants and 800+ clients, Fooda feeds hungry people at work through our ongoing food programs located within companies and office buildings. Every day, each Fooda location is served by different restaurants that come onsite and serve fresh lunch from their chef’s unique menus. Now with over 30 million meals sold, Fooda operates in nineteen major US cities and plans for continued expansion. Take an in-depth look at our platform here.
We’re looking for a product designer to join our design team and help craft thoughtful and intuitive experiences for the diverse set of tools that fall under the Fooda technology umbrella. You’ll collaborate with our senior product designer, product management team, engineers, data science, and business stakeholders to design features for a range of users with different needs (i.e., internal employees, restaurant partners, accounts and clients, and our consumers).
You’d consider yourself a generalist, who is comfortable and interested in the entire design cycle, from initial research through working alongside developers to execute the designs. You seek to understand user behaviors and motivations and have a knack for considering business objectives and technical limitations, while still advocating for the user (or, you’re interested in learning – we can help you!).
Additionally, you value clear and transparent communication, feedback (giving and receiving), and a collaborative approach.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with a product manager and the engineers on your team to fulfill the overall product/feature vision
- Design features or improve existing features for a wide range of products, ranging from native iOS and Android applications to responsive web
- Manage your bandwidth and project pipeline to execute research and design work within your team’s product roadmap in a timely manner
- Conduct research and/or dive into analytics to deeply understand our users’ motivations and the job they’re trying to accomplish
- Communicate designs, verbally and visually, to business stakeholders and other team members, and productively work through feedback
- Work closely with engineering to implement designs, providing clear documentation, and QA the final implementation
What You Bring to Fooda
- 2+ years of experience designing digital products on a variety of platforms, including web and mobile (iOS and Android), preferably at a startup or consulting environment
- Dedication to formulating an understanding of user needs and motivations and advocating from the user’s perspective
- Ability to quickly explore ideas (e.g., through sketching) and a strong, proven skill for creating wireframes, high-fidelity mocks, and other common design artifacts
- Attention to detail, and design using a consistent design language, leaning towards components that are familiar and intuitive
- Understanding of what is possible in modern iOS, Android, and web development and design/interaction patterns in each platform
- Understanding of visual design principles, including layout, typography, color theory, information hierarchy
- Experience with Sketch and InVision, or similar design tools
- Great visual design chops and an interest in creating illustrations and/or other visual design assets is a plus
- Experience and/or interest in developing and executing user research or testing initiatives is a plus
What We'll Hook You Up With
- Competitive market salary and stock options, based on experience
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- 401k matching
- Paid maternity and parental leave benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Laptop and peripherals of your choice
- Daily subsidized lunch program (ours!) and free food and beverages in the office